Virtus.Pro have parted ways with Kazakh player Dauren “AdreN” Kystaubayev, the organization has announced.
The CS:GO veteran leaves Virtus.Pro after having spent two stints with the team. First in 2012-2013 for eight months, and for the same amount of time in 2019-2020.
AdreN played with a majority of the current Virtus.Pro roster in Avangar. That team made the major finals at the Starladder Major Berlin Finals in 2019. Soon after, AdreN, qikert, Jame, SANJI, and buster were all picked up by Virtus.Pro.
The lineup peaked at a #3 worldwide ranking after the Starladder Major. Since then, the lineup has seen a drop to #25 overall. The last tournament Virtus.Pro played in was WePlay! Clutch Island, where the team placed third behind Team Spirit and Natus Vincere. That third place finish earned them 1750 points for the Rio Major 2020.
AdreN leaves with a 0.93 HLTV rating for the last three months of play, far below the rating he posted during his run at the PGL Kraków Major in 2017 when he won the MVP award with Gambit. If AdreN is to retire, he would go down as one of the greatest players to come from Kazakhstan and the CIS region.
Virtus.Pro will be playing in the IEM New York tournament. It’s currently unknown if buster will return to the lineup after going inactive in May.
Virtus.Pro will now field the lineup of:
- Alexey “qikert” Golubev
- Dzhami “Jame” Ali
- Sanjar “SANJI” Kuliev
- Mareks “Yekindar” Galinskis
- Timur “buster” Tulepov (inactive)
- Samira’s Abilities Revealed: New LoL Champion Confirmed
- G2 Esports dominate MAD Lions, secure spot at 2020 Worlds
- TSM undecided on starting support for LCS Summer Playoffs
- LEC 2020 Summer All-Pro Teams Revealed
- Patch 10.17 Preview: Caitlyn, Yone nerfed
- LCK 2020 Summer Split Playoffs to begin on August 26